Friday

Manor House, Canada and Poppies!

I've produced a number of designs over the last few weeks which I've released as kits (and in some cases, PDF chart packs too), including The Manor House and White Poppy mini cushions.

The Manor House looks lovely as a mini cushion but this one also works really well framed as a picture.  It's slightly larger than my usual mini cushions too, at 8" x 6".  Although the design looks very 'flowery', the flowers only actually feature around the border of the design.  If you look at the central image of the Manor House there aren't in fact any flowers featured in that part of the design.  I guess there's a bit of an illusion effect going on!

Another mini cushion kit recently released is my 'Oh, Canada' design.  This one was a real challenge to create because there were so many Canadian symbols/places/animals that I wanted to fit into the design but I only had limited spaces in which to put them.  Designing Niagara Falls was the hardest motif to do but I'm very pleased with the finished result and from the orders I've already had for this one the feedback has been very good.

There is a lovely half-page article in the latest issue (Aug2013 no. 225) of Cross Stitch Collection magazine which showcases my Flowers of the Month Collection of mini cushion kits.  This is great exposure for my designs and I hope it will bring some new additional custom to my website.
I'm currently working on a 2nd Cup Cake mini cushion, as the first one was so popular and Cup Cakes are still 'in fashion'.  It should be available sometime during the next two weeks all being well.  And while working on this one I'm also producing a new collection of animal characters.  More to follow on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment