Friday

Diamond Jubilee & Craftseller

Having already designed a mini cushion with the theme of London landmarks, I decided to add another two designs to match it and create a collection of 3 kits in celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June. The two hanging decorations feature a crown and orb and are encrusted with seed beads - adding these seemed to bring the designs to life and gave them a luxurious feel. I thought they would make lovely decorations to hang in the window nearer the time. The union jack design in the background brings all 3 designs together into a matching set.

This week saw the publication of issue 10 of Craftseller magazine, and an article I wrote a couple of months ago was featured, along with some photos of me and my work. This makes for good publicity, and I've had some nice feedback on it. The issue is full of jubilee projects too so I think the fever may be starting to hit!

At the moment I'm stitching a new mini cushion design featuring the brightest of thread colours as part of my 'floral zest' range. I already have one picture design and a pincushion completed so after the mini cushion I've then got one more picture design to stitch. It's already designed, just need to stitch it.
The past few days I've been getting back into my painting again - had the urge to paint some floral designs! This weekend I really want to start designing a wedding themed mini cushion. I've been thinking about it for a while now and may even design some little hanging decorations to match. Perhaps something with wedding bells, doves and horseshoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment