Wednesday

Christmas Cones

I like to design a new Christmas kit each year and I've now completed the one for 2011. This one is called Christmas Cones and features fir cones and holly sprigs, with poinsettias peeping through the edges of the design.

I've tried to use really warm, shades of thread in this design to give it a homely, Christmas spice feel and it only features plants that we usually associate with Christmas so it is more of a nature-themed cushion rather than using the more commercial images of the season.

I added seed beads into the design for the rows of holly sprigs and for the berries on the mistletoe which give that little extra Christmas glitz.

My next mini cushion design is going back to the more monochromed design like my Romantic Roses design, and features Tiger Orchids - but yellow and gold orchids rather than the typical yellow and red patterning.

No comments:

Post a Comment