Tuesday

A Mini Tour of London


This weekend I made up my latest kits. I had fun setting up the scene for the photo - I found the little double decker bus and guardsman a few weeks ago and thought they would be just perfect! I also had some fun with the kit cover design as I wanted red, white and blue to feature.


I'm pleased with this design and have to say it was one of the more enjoyable to stitch (don't get me wrong, I enjoy stitching all my designs!) with quite a range of motifs with the Beef-eater and Guardsman, then the buildings of the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace and the crown jewels in each corner. I did think about using beads on the crowns but then I realised they didn't need them as the little cross stitched jewels look just fine. Of course, I had to include a Union Jack in the background to bring the whole design together.


I had thought the design only used about 7 or 8 colours but in fact 14 coloured threads were used - I surprise myself sometimes!!


Oh, and issue 162 of World of Cross Stitching magazine has a little feature on my Egyptian cushion kits on page 38 - even saying that stitching these little cushions could become addictive! Well I'm certainly hooked anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment