Monday

First kit of the year

I have started the year off as I mean to go on, with yet more mini cushion kits being released!  The first one for 2014 is this traffic sign design which I've titled 'On the Road'.  The big challenge was designing the motorbike and bicycle in such small areas of the design!  But I got there in the end and this turned out to be a fun design to stitch as it only uses 7 shades of thread so didn't involve many colour changes.

Now I'm working on THREE new mini cushions!  The first is 'Tudor Amulets', which as the title suggests is inspired by the large jewelry of the Tudor period.  The second is a new take on my Tiger mini cushion, as I've taken pieces of that design to create an abstract mini cushion.  And the third......well, I shall keep that one under wraps for now!

Frogging
I also slipped in a new design as an aside from my mini cushions which is 'An Ode to Frogging'.  As a member of many stitching groups on Facebook I noticed that Frogging tends to crop up a lot (where stitchers make errors and have to 'rip it' out), so I thought it deserved its own little poem!  It's available as a chart only pdf from my shop on Etsy, via this link: http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/174485355/an-ode-to-frogging-cross-stitch-pdf?ref=shop_home_active  I just hope that stitching this design doesn't cause any frogging to occur!

Mini Exhibition of Mini Cushions
My exhibition at The Beaney museum has come to an end and today I collected all of my mini cushions from the museum - now I need to re-arrange them at home.  I've written an article about the exhibition, with extra photos, and have submitted it to The World of Cross Stitching magazine as they are interested in publishing it in a future issue, so that will be something to look out for.

Now, which mini cushion shall I work on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment