Wednesday

New Year, New Kits

I've started off this year with two new kits already!  The first is the one I loved designing and stitching the most - it is the first in my new Wildlife collection of mini cushion kits.  I'm concentrating on the Big Cats group of animals to start with and I have the Lion and Snow Tiger designed and waiting to be stitched and there will also be a leopard to add to the set.  This Tiger mini cushion was really enjoyable to stitch and there was a little extra technique needed to add the whiskers using longstitch.  I'm so pleased with the finished effect.  I'm looking forward to working on the Apes group - a baboon and a lemur are a must!

With Valentine's day around the corner I wanted to design a little something with that day in mind.  So, I came up with this little 'My Valentine' pincushion kit which features romantic roses.  I guess I'm just a soppy romantic at heart! Actually, the central rose was taken from the pink rose motif in my June Flower of the Month mini cushion design which will soon be available as a kit also.

In the run-up to Christmas the 'My Stitching Achievements' photo albums that I created were such a huge hit that I ran out of stock!  I now have a large batch back in stock for those who wanted one previously but were disappointed that I'd sold out.  This album is great for keeping photos of all your stitched masterpieces together in one place ready for whipping out of your handbag and showing to friends and family.  Be proud of your stitching is what I say.
At this moment I am stitching a second Downton Abbey mini cushion - this time featuring Inverary Castle, which doubled as Duneagle Castle in the Christmas special of the TV drama.  All being well it should be available by the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment