Thursday

Comic Superheroes

I completed this design in record time for me!  I think this was due to the 23 bright and punchy colours that I used.  When asked what my favourite design is I would have to say it's whatever I'm currently working on, but if asked which was the most enjoyable to stitch I would have to say this one is up there with the best of them!  I stitched each 'superhero' individually, completing the backstitched features as I went along so I could really see it taking shape quickly. 

I enjoyed designing the 'power' words around the edges too.  Of course, I had to read several comics for research purposes - which was no bad thing.  And it was fun creating my own superheroes and trying to make them different from what's already out there (so I didn't fall into any copyright traps) but while still keeping them in the style of the comic characters. 

I would really like to try my hand at designing a set of larger pictures showing the full bodies of the superheroes and adding some action backgrounds to them - but I will have to complete my Spring kitten and my flowers of the month series first.  Oh, and I've also got another magazine commission to fit in there somewhere so I'd better get back to it.

1 comment:

  1. Fab design. I just wish I had a reason to stitch it :(

    ReplyDelete