Monday

Edwardian Charm & Handmade Gift Set

It's been a busy start to 2012 so far. I've been working on commissions for a craft magazine (will blog about that in more detail when the issues are published) and have also launched my first new mini cushion kit of the year. This one is titled 'Edwardian Charm' and features delicate sprays of flowers with a scattering of pearly white seed beads. The purple and blue patterns were my interpretations of wall decorations of the period.This month I have also been hard at work making items for my new range of handmade gift sets. The first set is already available in the shop, but I am planning to launch the other sets all together in one large hit. All of the items feature designs from my mini cushion range and this first set features the 'Sunflower Supreme' design. I handmade all of the items in the set, which includes an A5 size Needlework Notebook (which meant printing, cutting, laminating and comb-binding!), a smaller handbag size jotter and a bookmark with a mini padded cushion hanging from it. This mini cushion is MINI, being only 3.5cm square!! Very tricky stitching it all together! But I'm hoping other stitchers and crafters will appreciate the work put into this set and will want to own it for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment